Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Meh... Not Too Bad

Good news... I survived day one (and almost day 2) of Whole30! For anyone that has any interest in following the diet themselves, I will give a list of my daily menus. I will keep it short to not bore those who would never torture themselves in this way.

Day 1:
Breakfast: Sliced banana, chopped pecans, cinnamon & almond milk
Lunch: Tuna lettuce wraps, assorted raw veggies, assorted chopped fruit
Dinner: Greek salad (no croutons, no feta, extra olives, extra peppers) from Alamo Drafthouse
Snacks: Almonds, little cutie clementines

Day 2:
Breakfast: Same as Day 1
Lunch: Assorted raw veggies and fruit, almonds
Dinner: Baked salmon, sweet potato, cooked arugula
Snacks: Apple and almond butter, LARA Bar (apple pie flavor)

Has it been hard? Not until evenings then... EFFFF yes.

Evening Day 1: Ventured to Alamo Drafthouse (one of my favorite places of ALL time) to enjoy a movie and was not able to enjoy a craft beer or glass of wine and a soft pretzel and dipping sauces... a damn shame. I had to get all excited about ordering a supersized Topo Chico for crying out loud. And a fresh lemon squeezed in it to make it super special!!! Rolling. My. Eyes. Give me my adult grape juice! I miss it already. But good news; it can be done. If I can do it anyone can!

Evening Day 2: Attended an industry event (commercial real estate) where booze is always abundant and the adult lunchables (cheese and meat tray) never disappoint! Let me explain something about commercial real estate. EVERYONE has a drink in their hands (yes there area a lot of double fisters out there) at ALL times. Water? What's water? I'll tell you... it is a boring, clear liquid found at the singular station tucked between three massive bars at the event I attended. I can only imagine what my peers thought when I didn't have a drink in my hand tonight... Pretty amusing.

UPSIDE: I woke up feeling great this morning. I really did feel lighter, energized and happy. So while the struggle is as hard as it is to keep up with the Kardashians, it is doable and I feel better for it.

DIVERTING FROM THE DIET... what else is going on.

Unfortunately I have to show up to work tomorrow. My coworkers and I did not have the winning Powerball numbers. I had big plans. Big, big plans. Instead I'll spend the rest of my week at my desk. SMH.

Today I decided to take a 15 week Spanish class. Part of my quest to become the best version of myself. I am in Texas. I need to learn Spanish. After all, I don't want to have kids someday that can talk bad behind my back. Time to get bilingual. Yo hablo espanol!!! #goals

On a different note, I have been surrounded by amazing people this week. I am feeling inspired as hell. Monday I went to a training session through Junior League where three amazing women shared their stories of how they have impacted the community through non-profit work. Tuesday I went to see Joy (greek salad/ topo night) all about a woman making more of her life by inventing a household staple. Tonight a man who has devoted the second half of his career to serving the homeless by creating a non-profit to feed them and then going on to develop an entire community of homes for these distressed people was honored at my industry event. All of this has left me feeling like the universe is sending me a sign. A sign to put more of my heart into giving back. Figuring out how to do that now... I will report back. For now I invite you to see Joy and to check out this amazing man's non-profit, Mobile Loaves and Fishes http://mlf.org/

Something that stuck with me that the gentleman receiving the award said was he spends a lot of his days with people that are lacking a physical home but have an unmatched sense of community and love in their lives. He shared he also has been blessed to spend time in some of the most beautiful homes one can possible fathom but that those homes have oftentimes been filled with the most "homeless" people. A very interesting observation that invites new perspective and raises the question... Who are the rich, really?

Until tomorrow... night night.

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment